Sunday, June 12, 2005

What's to come . . .

As some of you may know, I've become increasingly interested in photography of late, specifically the field known as 'concerned photography'. 'Concerned photography', which some of you may be familiar with, is a style of socially conscious photography that aims to capture images that ilicit a response from their viewer, a response which in turn compels them to some sort of positive social action. Two of my favorite 'concerned photographers' are Sebastiao Salgado, a Brazilian economist turned photojournalist, and Harvey Finkle, a Philadelphia native whose work can be found at harveyfinkle.com. I've taken quite a few photos of late and I created this blog because I wanted a forum through which I could share these photos with both my friends and family, many of whom I seldom have the opportunity to see. Given the nature of concerned photograpy, these photos will hopefully stir some dialogue concerning the relevant issues at hand. We'll see how this all turns out . . .

No comments: