Thursday, August 18, 2005

Onward and Upward



So, my year as a Jesuit Volunteer has come to a close. My housemates and I said goodbye to Camden on the 6th and embarked on a little adventure down the Appalachian Trail to fundraise for JVC East. The hike was both a fundraising success and a great way to spend time with the other communities that we didn't get to see as often. And, despite the rain, we had a blast. There is a link below to photos from both the hike and our time at Blue Ridge.

As some of you may know, I'll be starting work on Monday as the Assistant Director of Service Learning at Fordham University. Grad school was put on hold for the time being as I reevaluate exactly what I'd like to study. I'm super excited about the job though and equally as excited about moving to NYC. I'll be living in the Park Slope area of Brooklyn with three others FJV's; Will, Matt and Ryan. Our house, though it may not be clean, is always open to visitors so come on by.

Lastly, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support throughout the year; it was tough at times (getting my car stolen, having my office in Atlantic City collapse, being perpetually broke) and your support was always greatly appreciated. Peace out amigos.

See this link for a small slideshow of photos from the hike.

This is a link to the rest of my photos in slideshow format. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: