Thursday, February 15, 2007

Photo Mosaic


This is one of my first attempts at a Photo Mosaic. The base photo is Katie and I. The source photos are a mixture of 125 different shots; some are photos that I took of Honduras, Camden, Fordham, NYC and at protests, others are downloaded images of Haiti, Ecuador, Spokane (where Katie did JVC), MLK, Dorothy Day, Oscar Romero, and then some light ones like cookies, rocking chairs, and daisies - sort of a collection of things that Katie and I love. The program then recreates the photo by using small versions of the source photos. Crazy huh?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work Jonathan ! I found your site by accident while researching the Giftos name - its just an amazing thing to see you kids all grown up .

Anonymous said...

Jon,
this picture is awesome! It reminds me of those posters and pictures they had that had a 3d figure pop out when you stared at it for 30 seconds! Who knew my brother was so creative!?

Anonymous said...

Jon,
I am sorry I think I posted the same comment 4 times beacause I didnt think it actually went through. Haha. Either way this picture ROCKS. Love you
Kathryn